Bowers Envelope is committed to conducting its business and manufacturing operations in an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner in order to sustain environmental resources for present and future generations.WE COMMIT TO:
- Ensuring full compliance with applicable laws and regulations with emphasis on pollution prevention and minimizing adverse environmental impacts.
- Measuring and monitoring our environmental impact by establishing benchmarks and taking steps to demonstrably reduce our environmental impact year over year. For example, we will promote the use of eco-friendly raw materials such as recycled paper or environmentally certified paper from sustainable and well-managed forests.
- Undergoing third party environmental audits of our operations to confirm that our practices meet or exceed our objectives.
- Maintaining appropriate environmental accreditations such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) and Environmental Choice accreditation in all of our manufacturing facilities.
- Continuing to develop and implement programs to reduce the use of materials, resources and energy in our products and services. For example, we will continue to promote reduced and reusable packaging solutions
- Openly communicating this policy and our environmental performance with our employees, customers, suppliers and shareholders and challenging them to share our commitment to the environment.
Bowers is committed to offering eco-friendly envelopes and printing. Water-based flexo inks are used on the majority of the envelopes we print. We offer a variety of recycled paper options, as well as re-pulpable and recycled window film. Bowers Envelope has a state-of-the-art paper recycling systems that captures all of manufacturing process scrap and uses paper mills that are committed to improved forest management. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradable, renewable, recyclable and sustainable product made from trees that provide jobs and income for millions of Americans.